A Chinese blue and white porcelain plaque, attributed to Wang Bu
The rectangular plaque, delicately painted, depicts two fishermen by a river with a old tree to the side; a seal reading "Wang Bu" at the lower right corner; framed and matted.
H: 14 1/2, W: 9 1/4 in. (sight)
Dr. Harold H. Louckes (b.1894)
Thence by descent to the present owner
NOTE: Dr. Harold H. Louckes was a notable member of the Peking Union Medical College from 1920-circa 1941, serving as professor and head of surgery in the 1930s, returning to Beijing after being temporarily interned by the Japanese during WWII, and leaving China in 1950, to continue the work of the Rockefeller Foundation throughout Asia, finally settling in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, prior to 1979.
Sold for $574,000 (buyer's premium included)